Polybind Deluxe for Natural Stone is made of silicone based polymers. This sealer penetrates deep into the natural stone thus reducing the oil and dirt penetration, as well as protecting them from the corrosion of de-icing salt.
• Easier to clean and maintain
• Non film-former
• Work about 32°F (0°C)
• Color enhancer
• Water-based, zero gloss
Granite - 400-600 sq. ft. per gallon
Travertine - 500-700 sq. ft. per gallon
Limestone - 300-500 sq. ft. per gallon
Sandstone - 200-400 sq. ft. per gallon
Bluestone - 200-400 sq. ft. per gallon
APPLICATION & INSTALLATION
FOR NATURAL STONES:
1. Always test the product on a small hidden area of approximately 4 sq. ft. (0.4 sq. m.) to ensure the results will meet your expectations.
2. Remove all the stains from the natural stones, using Polybind Clean products. Use Gator Clean Sealer Stripper to remove any unknown coating that remains on the natural stone surface.
3. Remove all contaminated jointing material and replace with Polybind Polymeric Sand. Follow the instructions on the back of the bags for proper sand installation.
4. Wait at least 48 hours at a minimum temperature of 40°F (4°C) and no rain for the Polybind Polymeric Sand to properly harden.
5. Clean the entire surface with the Polybind Efflorescence Cleaner. This product will remove the efflorescence trapped in the natural stone pores as well as thoroughly clean the surface for proper sealer adhesion.
6. Wait at least 48 hours at a minimum temperature of 40°F (4°C) and no rain so the sand & natural stone surface are dry.
7. Apply one (1) coat of Deluxe Series Natural Stone Sealer using a sprayer. Apply in 60 sq. ft. (5.6 sq. m.) sections at a time. Use a foam roller or squeegee to remove excess sealer from the surface. Allow remaining sealer to penetrate 5-10 minutes. Wipe and remove any excess sealer with clean, dry, lint-free cotton cloths.
8. Deluxe Series Natural Stone Sealer is water repellant, rain safe, after 24 hours.
9. Let the sealer dry for 24 hours before using the sealed area.
1. Natural stones should only be sealed 60 days after their installation date. Consult natural stone manufacturer’s for their recommendation.
2. Natural stones and jointing sand MUST be 100% dry.
3. Temperature should be between 40°F (4°C) and 85°F (29°C) when sealer is applied.
4. Natural stone surface must be cool to the touch when sealer is applied (between 40°F (4°C) and 85°F (29°C)).
5. First clean natural stones with Polybind Clean products. Remove all oil, grease and rust stains.
6. Use Polybind Efflorescence Cleaner to remove any trapped efflorescence. It also thoroughly cleans the surface to ensure a proper sealer adhesion.
7. Use just one (1) layer of sealer.
8. When using Deluxe Series Natural Stone Sealer, assure yourself at least 48 hours of dry conditions prior to applying the sealer.
9. Specifically formulated to be used on unsealed surfaces only. Cannot be used as a resealer.
10. Wear protective gloves, eye protection and respiratory protection.